Re: Linux 2.6 on AMD Alchemy Au1500

To: Sylvain Munaut <tnt@246tnt.com>
Subject: Re: Linux 2.6 on AMD Alchemy Au1500
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:03:19 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Sylvain Munaut wrote:

For a new design, we're considering Alchemy Au1500 processor family. I'd like to know what is the current state of the linux 2.6 on this platforms / experiences ?

There are several of us working on it.  The kernel is basically functional,
and we are now in the  midst of the 36-bit addressing updates for the
peripherals, such as PCI.  This should be completed soon.

I mainly need :
- PCI support to connect Wifi, IDE controller, USB2.0 Host, FireWire controller
- Included Ethernet support

If you are looking for product support, you should probably be contacting
people that provide these services :-)  We will eventually get around to
testing all of these devices, but those of us working on this are likely
to have different priorities.

I've seen in the kernel sources that it should be supported but I'd like to know if there are known issues, comments, ...

The kernel, serial ports, internal Ethernet are all functional.  The PCI
is going to require we complete the 36-bit addressing (as was done in 2.4),
and then I suspect the devices in your list will work as well as the
maintainers of them advertise, since they aren't Au1xxx specific.

Thanks.

        -- Dan