linux_2_4 and Malta

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: linux_2_4 and Malta
From: Nathan Field <ndf@ghs.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:45:23 -0800 (PST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I'm having problems getting the linux_2_4 branch of the kernel to output
serial on my Malta board. The HEAD branch (2.6) seems to work fine, but
I'd prefer to avoid that if possible. Is anyone else having this problem?
I've attached my .config just in case I'm doing something stupid. I got
the 2.4.17 kernel to work fine.

The prom_print stuff outputs to the serial port fine, but printk's never
get out. Looking at the kernel under a debugger it also seems that the
kernel is crashing randomly and ending up in an infinite loop branching to
self.

        nathan

--
Nathan Field (ndf@ghs.com)

But the trouble with analogies is that analogies are like goldfish:
sometimes they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.