Reconfiguring chip select

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Reconfiguring chip select
From: Patrick Hilt <philt@pioneer-pdt.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:05:26 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello!
Hope everybody is doing well... even though it's Monday ;-)...

I'm working on a broadcom mips platform and I'm having a little bit of trouble
with dynamically reconfiguring a chip select register. After the boot loader
launches the kernel, I need to reconfigure the chip select register for CS0
from 1FC0 0009 to 1900 000B. I actually got that to work without too much
hassle.
Now the real problem, to jump back to the boot loader when "rebooting", I have
reset the CS config register to it's original value before jumping. When I do
that I get an oops (in init) from the kernel.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where best to place that reconfiguration
code or how best to go about this whole business.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Patrick

PS: oops message and symbol table attached...