Re: Trouble compiling MIPS cross-compiler

To: Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen@optushome.com.au>
Subject: Re: Trouble compiling MIPS cross-compiler
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:05:37 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> At any rate, I think I'll have to call it a day - it's way too much of a
> hassle just to get a working MIPS cross-compiler, and with all the hoops you
> have to jump through I haven't got any patience left :-(

If you have Debian (use at least testing, not stable):
  - apt-get install toolchain-source
  - Follow the instructions in /usr/share/doc/toolchain-source/README

and you'll have a cross-compiler for whatever supported architecture in less
than an hour (depending on the speed of your host machine, of course).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds