Re: Trouble compiling MIPS cross-compiler

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Trouble compiling MIPS cross-compiler
From: Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen@optushome.com.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:46:04 +1000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> gcc-3.3.2

Thanks for all the info!  Well, I tried building gcc-3.3.2 with your options
and that worked (hooray!) but I couldn't find binutils-2.14.90.0.7, the
closest I could see was 2.14 so I used that.  It all compiled ok, but now
when I go to compile the kernel I get this error:

cc1: error: invalid option `cpu=r3000'

If I copy the command line and change -mcpu to -march then it works fine, but
this isn't happening automatically for some reason.  Any ideas?  (I tried
downgrading to binutils-2.13.xxx but it still gave the error, so I'm guessing
it's a gcc problem - oh how much easier life would be if they didn't remove
the -mcpu option somewhere along the way ;-))

Cheers,
Adam.