Re: Trouble compiling MIPS cross-compiler

To: Adam Nielsen <>
Subject: Re: Trouble compiling MIPS cross-compiler
From: Eric Christopher <>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:14:12 -0800
> /usr/mips-linux/bin/as: unrecognized option `-mcpu=r3000'
> I saw that this option was removed a while back, so I guess downgrading the
> binutils is the only way to go (or upgrading gcc, but I got a ton of errors
> compiling 3.3.2 so I guess that doesn't work...)

You do? What errors? How'd you build the toolchain?

At any rate, I'm using gcc and binutils HEAD to build quite a few
things. The last kernel I have is from broadcom (sibyte division) and
rebuilt and booted on the swarm board. (In fact, the compiler also
bootstraps on the board).

Eric Christopher <>