Re: Current 2.4 CVS (2.4.24-pre2) doesn't boot on SGI Indy

To: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Subject: Re: Current 2.4 CVS (2.4.24-pre2) doesn't boot on SGI Indy
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:26:02 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, jsun@mvista.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 08:03:43PM -0500, Kumba wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Well, it appears something has been broken during the last 2 months.
> > Good to know I'm not alone in this.
>
> I have a 2.4.23 kernel I used from a 20031128 CVS snapshot that works
> fine, but a 2.4.23 20031214 snapshot didn't work (on an R4400@250MHz
> I2), so likely the problem was introduced sometime between those dates.
>   Might help for tracking down the issue.

If you like to know what changes had been made during that period,
you may find my tracking tool useful.  Just select the 2.4 branch
and enter the date range, it will give you all the changes in
patch format.  So you can also find out who is the lamer! :)

http://linux.junsun.net/xcvs/xcvs_linux_mips

Please be gentle to my little poor server.  This really should be
hosted on linux-mips.org or some other real servers.  Any volunteers?

Jun