Re: Broadcom 4702?

Subject: Re: Broadcom 4702?
From: Charlie Brady <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:53:18 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Charlie Brady wrote:

> I haven't found signs of it in the archives, but is anyone aware of any
> efforts to fold in Broadcom's support for their 4702 processor, as used in
> Wireless gateways such as the Linksys WRT54G?

FWIW, there was some mention of this on lkml.

Looks like it may have quickly been put in the "Too Hard" basket. The
bulk of the 15Mb patch, however, is not a port per se, but addition of
kdbg and XFS, so there won't be anywhere near that much real work.

Here's an important one, however, which I alluded to yesterday:

+ifdef CONFIG_BCM4710
+GCCFLAGS       += -m4710a0kern

I haven't tried building and running a kernel built without the gcc
workarounds, so I don't know whether they are only required for early
silicon. My guess would be not. Is there anyone from Broadcom here who
knows or can find out?