Re: ptrace induced instruction cache bug?

To: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: ptrace induced instruction cache bug?
From: Nathan Field <ndf@ghs.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:22:01 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> There are too many things related to cache are wrong in 2.4.17.  For
> example,
>
> . flush_page_indexed() is not right for multi-way cache
> . when you map user pages into kernel, you are sufferring potential cache
>   aliasing problem (BTW, we still suffer from this right now to a less degree)
> . flush_page_to_ram() has a broken semantic, because it is not clear whether
>   the area mapped into user virt spaces should be flushed or not
>
> In short, it is not worth your time to fix old bugs.  Last time I
> checked malta was working fine around 2.4.21.  It shouldn't be too hard
> to get it working again in the latest 2.4 branch.
        Is this the 2.4.21 from ftp.kernel.org, or do I need to get
specific patches to get it to work? I looked at the cvs tree but it's
currently a 2.6 release. Should I just check out the linux_2_4_branch
version from linux-mips.org?

        nathan

--
Nathan Field (ndf@ghs.com)                                All gone.

But the trouble with analogies is that analogies are like goldfish:
sometimes they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.