Re: Broadcom 4702?

To: Charlie Brady <charlieb-linux-mips@e-smith.com>
Subject: Re: Broadcom 4702?
From: Jim Thompson <jimt@vivato.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:05:28 -0800
Cc: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

My question is why these patches, which are subject to GPL (it is binutils and gcc, after all), haven't been released.

On Jan 14, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Jun Sun wrote:

Mvista is in the process of supporting bcm4704, which should be close to
bcm4702.  If there is much interest, we can push the patch out to
the linux-mips.org tree.

I'm certain that there'd be people make use of the code if you put it
there.

I've noticed that Broadcom have patched binutils and gcc, to work around
some hardware bugs. Have you found that necessary with the bcm4704?

--
Charlie