Re: [2.6 patch] fix DECSTATION depends

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: [2.6 patch] fix DECSTATION depends
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:24:25 +0100 (CET)
Cc: Adrian Bunk <>,
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> >  Going back to the subject -- what's the problem with dependencies?
> Nothing.  It was looking like you meant something else and me and Adrian
> got trapped by that.  Feel free to change it back to what it was but
> maybe "depends on MIPS32 || (MIPS64 && EXPERIMENTAL)" is less ambigous?

 I thought the construct triggered a problem elsewhere and the change was
supposed to work it around.  I'm pretty surprised you've forgotten I
ported the DECstation code to 64 bits -- it's already over a year and a
half since I did the first boot.

 I feel a bit hesitant about changing the expression, but perhaps I may
add a comment to the help text, on why it's experimental for 64-bit.  I
suspect hardly anyone will notice, though -- if built with unpatched tools
and run on a problematic processor the kernel complains and refuses to run
asking to contact <> and nobody did that yet...