Re: How stable is 2.6 on a SB1250 processor?

To: Dimitri Torfs <dimitri@sonycom.com>
Subject: Re: How stable is 2.6 on a SB1250 processor?
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:31:37 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:44:54PM +0100, Dimitri Torfs wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:09:25PM -0800, Pete Popov wrote:
> >
> > I think userland is still broken. Ralf was working on the access_ok
> > problem the last time I talked to him.
> >

> Yes, if it's a 32-bit kernel then it's definitely broken. You might want
> to check out
> http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2004-01/msg00000.html.
>
> After that fix, user space stuff started to work for me.

Yes, that is a temporary fix for the problem.

bcm1250 PCI still have issues though.  I have not looked into it.

What is troubling me most is either rockhopper nor malta works on 2.6.
With rockhopper I had to disable cache in order to run.  I
suspect there is something fundamental still not quite right, possibly
only affecting cache noncoherent systems.

More debugging fun ...

Jun