How stable is 2.6 on a SB1250 processor?

Subject: How stable is 2.6 on a SB1250 processor?
From: Kevin Paul Herbert <>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 13:03:30 -0800
I'm working on bringing up the 2.6 kernel on a board using the SB1250
processor, and I have a problem in userland that I'm wondering if anyone
else has seen.

I built a simple test program for userland, which just uses the write()
syscall to say hello world. This is statically linked, and it works
under a 2.4 kernel. Under 2.6, I get no output. My guess is that an
exception is occuring, the signal gets back to my test program, and it
is looping.

I've written a simple assembly language hello world program which does
the exact same thing... write() syscall and I get my hello world.

My next task is to get kgdb working on this board so I can do some
better debugging, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this
problem, or for that matter whether the SB1 processor support is
expected to work at all.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin Paul Herbert <>
cisco Systems, Inc.