How stable is 2.6 on a SB1250 processor?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: How stable is 2.6 on a SB1250 processor?
From: Kevin Paul Herbert <kph@cisco.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2004 13:03:30 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I'm working on bringing up the 2.6 kernel on a board using the SB1250
processor, and I have a problem in userland that I'm wondering if anyone
else has seen.

I built a simple test program for userland, which just uses the write()
syscall to say hello world. This is statically linked, and it works
under a 2.4 kernel. Under 2.6, I get no output. My guess is that an
exception is occuring, the signal gets back to my test program, and it
is looping.

I've written a simple assembly language hello world program which does
the exact same thing... write() syscall and I get my hello world.

My next task is to get kgdb working on this board so I can do some
better debugging, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this
problem, or for that matter whether the SB1 processor support is
expected to work at all.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

--