Re: ptrace induced instruction cache bug?

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Subject: Re: ptrace induced instruction cache bug?
From: Nathan Field <ndf@ghs.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:35:04 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> It sounds reasonable.  I've encountered this problem in the past also,
> but never with the Pro 2.1 / MIPS release which is what you're using.
> I don't see anything obviously wrong with your test code, either.
        So... is there a fix for this?

> Yes, you will need a newer toolchain.  Honestly, I'm baffled as to why a
> Pro 2.1 toolchain was available from our web site at all, unless you got
> it via an old product subscription... it should have been Pro 3.0, which
> uses GCC 3.2 and a more recent binutils.  But I don't have any control
> over these things :)
        I downloaded it about 5 days ago from:
http://www.mvista.com/previewkit/index.html

Could I get a preview kit of your 3.0 release for a Malta 4Kc board?

        nathan

--
Nathan Field (ndf@ghs.com)                                All gone.

But the trouble with analogies is that analogies are like goldfish:
sometimes they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.