Assembler error in arch/mips/kernel/entry.S

Subject: Assembler error in arch/mips/kernel/entry.S
From: Jö Fahlke <jorrit@jorrit.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:39:25 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
[Please Cc me on replys]

Hi!

Trying to compile current cvs with CONFIG_PREEMT I get:

  AS      arch/mips/kernel/entry.o
arch/mips/kernel/entry.S: Assembler messages:
arch/mips/kernel/entry.S:55: Error: illegal operands `beqz restore_all'
arch/mips/kernel/entry.S:56: Error: unrecognized opcode `if (in_exception_path)'
arch/mips/kernel/entry.S:57: Error: unrecognized opcode `goto restore_all'
arch/mips/kernel/entry.S:58: Error: absolute expression required `li'

The corresponding code looks like this:

        beqz    restore_all
        if (in_exception_path)
                goto restore_all;
        li      t0, PREEMPT_ACTIVE

Can someone please fix this?  My very limitet assembler knowledge
gives me an idea whats wrong, but I don't know how to fix it.

Meanwhile I'll try compiling without CONFIG_PREEMT.

Thanks,
Jö.

--
Interpunktion, Orthographie und Grammatik der Email ist frei erfunden.
Eine �bereinstimmung mit aktuellen oder ehemaligen Regeln wäre rein