Re: supported systems running on 2.6 ?

To: Yoichi Yuasa <yuasa@hh.iij4u.or.jp>
Subject: Re: supported systems running on 2.6 ?
From: Dimitri Torfs <dimitri@sonycom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:43:36 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:17:01AM +0900, Yoichi Yuasa wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:49:04 +0100
> Dimitri Torfs <dimitri@sonycom.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >   are there already MIPS systems running on 2.6.0 ? If so, which ones
> >   ? I'm currently porting a VR41xx based configuration from 2.4.24 to
> >   2.6.0: boot sequence seems to be OK, but the init process doesn't
> >   come up (it looks like its not properly laid out in memory, thus
> >   continuously generating exceptions (do_signal()) ...). Is it too
> >   soon to expect it to work ?
>
> Which Vr41xx's configuration did you use?

None of the default ones in the tree, it's not a board listed in the
configs (the board has a VR4120A and a VR4131 cpu). I'm currently
using a configuration with CONFIG_EMBEDDED_RAMDISK set and
CONFIG_MACH_VR41XX.

Is there a working config with a VR41xx on 2.6.0 ? It would surprise
me since I had to do some fixes for the VR41xx series (for some I
already sent a patch) which seem to indicate the VR41xx specifics have
not yet been actively looked at for 2.6.0 (although I know you
have been submitting patches for the Vr41xx).

Dimitri

--
Dimitri Torfs             |  NSCE
dimitri.torfs@sonycom.com |  Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55