Re: gdbserver and Re: hardware questions

To: dan@debian.org
Subject: Re: gdbserver and Re: hardware questions
From: "Mark and Janice Juszczec" <juszczec@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:27:32 +0000
Cc: kevink@mips.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Daniel et al

Try changing /etc/inittab to disable the getty, and starting gdbserver
from the system startup scripts in /etc/rc*.

I'm using busybox since, at the time, it was easier than figuring out what goes on in /etc/rc* I'll check if there's a way to disable the busybox init or at least tell it not to start a shell on the serial port. I suppose I could hack busybox to start gdbserver. Hmmmmm

I'm assuming you have
some other way than that shell on ttyS0 to modify the filesystem :)

Yes. I flash a filesystem image to the pda. I generate the image from files on my laptop. The problem is squeezing everything into 2mb of flash. I wonder if I can shove stuff in the 8Mb of ram somehow.

Mark

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work ? and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx