Re: gdbserver and Re: hardware questions

To: kevink@mips.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: gdbserver and Re: hardware questions
From: "Mark and Janice Juszczec" <juszczec@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:31:36 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Kevin, et al

If you want more of a "large format" mipsel platform
to experiment with, you might be able to find an old
"RISC PC" from Siemens or NEC with an R4000
configured little-endian to run NT.  Maybe Ralf has
one in his attic he'd care to sell you. ;o)

Ralf?

I don't know that it's the root of your problem, but
you should definitely get getty/shells off of whatever
serial port you're trying to use for debug.

If I have no shell running on the serial port, how would I start gdbserver? Would I have to hard code it into the kernel somehow?

Mark

Expand your wine savvy ? and get some great new recipes ? at MSN Wine. http://wine.msn.com