Re: hardware questions

To: "Mark and Janice Juszczec" <juszczec@hotmail.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: hardware questions
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:39:02 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
As Geert pointed out, the big-endian SGI hardware configuration
and the little-endian PDA configuration mean that you'll be cross-compiling
for "mipsel" (MIPS endian-little) on the Indigo anyway.  SGI did
use industry-standard monitors, keyboards, and disks units of the
period (which was 10 years ago - they could be hard to find today),
but used non-standard NIC and memory cards. You're probably better
off using a Linux PC as your development host.