FYI, misc minors

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: FYI, misc minors
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:35:16 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 01:18:51PM +0000, ralf@linux-mips.org wrote:

> Modified files:
>       drivers/char   : Tag: linux_2_4 au1000_gpio.c ite_gpio.c lcd.c
>       include/linux  : Tag: linux_2_4 miscdevice.h
>
> Log message:
>       Time for one of those surprises you all love me for sooo much :-)
>
>       Switch au1000_gpio.c, ite_gpio.c and lcd.c to dynamic minors.

I've removed all MIPS private allocations of misc minor devices.  I'm not
happy with this change but without this there's no change to ever build
a driver for the affected systems from a stock kernel.org tree.  This
change means the minor device numbers of the three affected device
drivers will change - something that will be very easy to deal with by
users and distributions.