Re: PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy Au1100 boards

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy Au1100 boards
From: James Cope <jcope@mpc-data.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:38:19 +0000
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

On 15 Dec 2003, at 17:03, Pete Popov wrote:

What version of 2.4 are you running?

2.4.23-rc3 (CVS tag linux_2_4).

Sounds familiar, I think. Sounds like mismatch in the driver name and
the pcmcia config file. If your driver is named ide_cs, the "devinfo"
inside the driver is set to "ide_cs" and that string won't match an
"ide-cs", which is probably what your pcmcia config file has... I'm
guessing.

In the kernel source the driver is named ide-cs and in the pcmcia-cs-3.1.22 tree it is named ide_cs. Not only are they named differently, but they behave differently too. I have since `fixed' the problem by using ide_cs rather than ide-cs. I've not yet had a chance to investigate exactly what the incompatibility between the two is, so far I only know that one works and the other doesn't.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

James Cope