Re: PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy Au1100 boards

To: James Cope <jcope@mpc-data.co.uk>
Subject: Re: PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy Au1100 boards
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2003 09:03:05 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 05:37, James Cope wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone here can help. I am trying to get PCMCIA
> support working on a board that is very much like the AMD DB1100. Can
> anyone confirm if PCMCIA works on the DB1100? I do not have access to
> one at the moment.
>
> I am using the linux_2_4 tagged kernel from CVS with the
> pcmcia-cs-3.1.22 card services package. I have applied the 64bit_pcmcia
> patch to both the kernel and card services code and I have part of the
> PCMCIA system running. I can use the `cardctl' utility to detect the
> presence of PCMCIA cards successfully, however the `cardmgr' daemon
> fails to bind to a socket.
>
> I have a SanDisk Compact Flash card that I'm trying to access. cardmgr
> correctly detects this as an ATA/IDE Fixed Disk and calls `modprobe
> ide_cs.o' which is loading okay.

If you get the latest 2.4 kernel, the driver is in drivers/ide/legacy
and it's called "ide-cs", not "ide_cs". What version of 2.4 are you
running?

> cardmgr then reports the error ``get
> dev info on socket 0 failed: Transport endpoint is not connected''
> (ENOTCONN).

Sounds familiar, I think. Sounds like mismatch in the driver name and
the pcmcia config file. If your driver is named ide_cs, the "devinfo"
inside the driver is set to "ide_cs" and that string won't match an
"ide-cs", which is probably what your pcmcia config file has... I'm
guessing.

Pete