Kernel 2.4.23 on Cobalt Qube2

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Kernel 2.4.23 on Cobalt Qube2
From: Peter Horton <phorton@bitbox.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 16:54:25 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi.

Has anyone got a 2.4.23 kernel running on the Cobalt Qube 2 ?

I've cross compiled the latest kernel from CVS (using the default Cobalt config in the tree) on a PC using gcc 2.95.4 and binutils 2.12.90.0.1 (both from Debian sources).

The kernel boots okay from the HD, but I get strange segmentation faults and other errors whilst running Debian's "dpkg" to install packages. If I repeat the installation from scratch I get exactly the same errors in exactly the same places :-(

I've changed both the memory SIMMs for new ones and the problem is still the same. I've done the same Debian install on an Au1100 board with no problems at all.

Neither of the on-board ethernet ports work correctly with new kernel either. The primary port seems to work fine pinging single packets back and forth, but seems to stall for periods of approx 20 seconds when performing bulk transfers. I've been using an RTL8139 card in the PCI slot for network access.

TIA,

   P.