PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy Au1100 boards

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: PCMCIA on AMD Alchemy Au1100 boards
From: James Cope <jcope@mpc-data.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:37:53 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here can help. I am trying to get PCMCIA support working on a board that is very much like the AMD DB1100. Can anyone confirm if PCMCIA works on the DB1100? I do not have access to one at the moment.

I am using the linux_2_4 tagged kernel from CVS with the
pcmcia-cs-3.1.22 card services package. I have applied the 64bit_pcmcia patch to both the kernel and card services code and I have part of the PCMCIA system running. I can use the `cardctl' utility to detect the presence of PCMCIA cards successfully, however the `cardmgr' daemon fails to bind to a socket.

I have a SanDisk Compact Flash card that I'm trying to access. cardmgr correctly detects this as an ATA/IDE Fixed Disk and calls `modprobe ide_cs.o' which is loading okay. cardmgr then reports the error ``get dev info on socket 0 failed: Transport endpoint is not connected'' (ENOTCONN).

I can supply more detailed logging and status information if needed, but for now I'm wondering if this path has been trodden before? I have searched through the linux-mips mail archive, but I have only been able to confirm the state of Au1500 PCMCIA support.

Regards,

James Cope