Re: cross debugging r3912 cpu with gdb

Subject: Re: cross debugging r3912 cpu with gdb
From: "Mark and Janice Juszczec" <>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:48:44 +0000

Then what ARE you using on the target?

I have a kernel, busybox (for init and sh) and kaffe+associated files. These have all been cross compiled from i386 for mipsel-linux using gcc (2.95 or 3.0).

You have to connect to some particular debug stub.  That determines
what protocol to use.

I wanted to test starting the whole thing up and connecting with gdb before trying to actually debug anything. So, I haven't begun to worry about debug stubs.

Frankly, I'm confused as to where they'd go. It seems to me I want to let the kernel start up on the pda and then use gdb to tell it to start running kaffe. If that's true, I need debug stubs in kaffe. Am I completely wrong with this idea?

Daniel Jacobowitz

Browse styles for all ages, from the latest looks to cozy weekend wear at MSN Shopping. And check out the beauty products!