Re: [patch] NEC VR41xx new timer

To: Yoichi Yuasa <yuasa@hh.iij4u.or.jp>
Subject: Re: [patch] NEC VR41xx new timer
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:37:48 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:49:35AM +0900, Yoichi Yuasa wrote:

> I updated new timer patches for latest CVS tree.
> These patches are required for power management.
>
> Please apply these patches.

Applied.  One comment on the new ksym.c file.  In 2.4 we used to have most
of the EXPORT_SYMBOL calls in a separate file in order to reduce the
compile time.  With the new kbuild system of 2.6 this is no longer a
problem so now the prefered way is exporting symbols from the defining
file itself.  So for example most of the symbol exports left in
arch/mips/kernel/mips_ksyms.c are for definitions in assembler files.