Re: Compressed kernels

To: Colin.Helliwell@Zarlink.Com
Subject: Re: Compressed kernels
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:21:27 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Colin.Helliwell@Zarlink.Com wrote:

I'm running a 2.4.21 kernel tree, and would like to have kernel
compression. I wondered if this has gone back into the latest versions yet?

If you apply the 'zImage' patch from Pete's ftp directory (look in past
e-mails for this discussion) you will see what I have done for a few of
the boards I'm using.  It's quite trivial to add new boards to get
this feature.  I'm still working on the method of attaching the
compressed initrd to the same image, which I find quite useful for
embedded applications.

Have fun!

        -- Dan