Re: SNI RM200

To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Re: SNI RM200
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:55:35 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:44:00PM +1100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> [2003-11-12 13:45]:
> > For those of you having a dusty RM200 in their cellar, I've
> > resurrected the RM200 port in 2.6.  Only the RM200 C aka RM200 PCI
>
> Since you're currently cleaning up stuff, do you know the status of
> Origin 200 and 2000 support?  Will a 4 or 8 way Origin 2000 run
> stable?

IP27 doesn't even build in 2.6.  It's by far the most complex supported
machine and getting it to work takes some non-trivial changes - also
to get rid of the various hacks we used to have in device drivers to
get the Origin working.  I'll announce once I have IP27 working again -
not last because I'll also need an Origin 2000 system for testing; I only
have an Origin 200 for testing.