question regarding put data in the specified section

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: question regarding put data in the specified section
From: "Teresa Tao" <TERESAT@TTI-DM.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:42:34 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi there,

Does anyone know how to put my userland program's data in a specified section?

I know there is an attribute "section" to put my data inside a specified
section, for example, int data __attribute__ ((section("INITDAT"));
But how do I initialize/setup the INITDAT section? We use the commercial
toolchain, and we don't have the source code for it, is there still a way to
specify the postion of the INITDAT section?

Thanks in advance!

Teresa