Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:48:09 +0100 (CET)
Cc: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 ralf@linux-mips.org wrote:

> Modified files:
>       include/asm-mips: i8259.h
>
> Log message:
>       Declare i8259A_lock spinlock.  New inline function i8259_irq to poll
>       interrupts in a PC-style daisy-chained i8259 configuration where no
>       better method to execute an interrupt acknowledge cycle is available.

 This is broken -- you do want to check bit #7 for spurious interrupts
instead of doing awkward PIC poking.  Alternatively, just skip the check
-- the condition is rare and handlers need to be able to deal with it
anyway.  It was discussed a few months ago and I proposed a correct patch
similar to your one, but it was rejected, sigh...