How to request an IRQ for NMI on MIPS Processor

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: How to request an IRQ for NMI on MIPS Processor
From: Adeel Malik <AdeelM@quartics.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:56:08 +0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi All,
          In my embedded design, I intend to use NMI of MIPS 4Kc processor (rather than IRQ0 or IRQ1 .....) for an external Interrupt Source. The external Interrupt source is a video capture device which interrupts the MIPS 4Kc CPU via its NMI (Non-Maskable Interrupt) line, whenever it has one complete frame. I need to write the driver for that device in Linux-2.4.20. The request_irq function provided by Linux takes a digit value from 0 to 5 to map external interrupt sources to any one of CPUs Interrupt pins. How can I request and implement my interrupt handler routine for the NMI of MIPS processor ?.

Regards,
ADEEL MALIK,