Re: Huge dynamically linked program does not run on mips-linux

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, binutils@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Huge dynamically linked program does not run on mips-linux
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:32:01 +0900 (JST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
anemo> I have a problem that my huge dynamically linked program cause
anemo> SIGSEGV or SIGBUS immediately after running from main() on
anemo> mips-linux.

anemo> Digging into this problem, I found that GOT entries are
anemo> corrupted.
anemo> My program is huge enough so that older binutils causes
anemo> "relocation truncated to fit" error.

More information.  My program's .got size exceeds 64K.  It seems the
corruption does not happen if .got size is smaller then 64K.

$ mips-linux-readelf -e myapp
Section Headers:
  [Nr] Name              Type            Addr     Off    Size   ES Flg Lk Inf Al
  [21] .got              PROGBITS        100b15d0 a075d0 013a04 04 WAp  0   0 16

---
Atsushi Nemoto