Re: Packages for RH 7.3/mips

To: Zhang Haitao <>
Subject: Re: Packages for RH 7.3/mips
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:18:34 +0300
Zhang Haitao wrote:
> all your source package can be compiled using mipsel cross compiler and
> running on little endian machine?
Most of them.

> would you mind publish your RPMs with src tarballs (or patches) at the
> same time?

> or can you rebuild your distribution for mipsel?

No, I can't. I haven't a LE mips box to test them.

I'd like to note we solve problems related to BE mips boxes. LE ones
have a better support in HJL's RH 7.3/mips distribution due to the fact
ix86 is LE too.

No wonder, I expect several of our packages can't be compiled for LE,
but it's easy to fix. More importand all  packages but glibc-{locales,
timezones} can be cross-compiled.