Re: module dependency files

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: module dependency files
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:57:33 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2003-10-21 18:15:56 -0400, David Kesselring <dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com>
wrote in message <Pine.GSO.4.44.0310211814340.14473-100000@ares.mmc.atmel.com>:
> That's what I did. I defined INSTALL_MOD_PATH as $(TOPDIR)/modules. The
> modules get put there but depmod fails.

depmod works on it's own architecture and I don't recall a way that
would make it work on cross-compiled modules. Maybe you should just copy
over the modules (INSTALL_MOD_PATH is a good start here) and execute
depmod on the target system...

Apart from that, insmod (instead of modprobe) should always work,
though...

MfG, JBG