module dependency files

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: module dependency files
From: David Kesselring <dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:22:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I have now gotten the modules to build but there is one part of the
process that doesn't work. On my pc I want to build all of the files which
are to be installed on the mips board. I am trying to create the files
which can be copied onto (or into) the redhat 7.3 miniport. "make modules"
works fine. It seems like I need to run "make modules_install" but it
complains about the .o files being the wrong architecture. So the basic
question seems to be how can I run depmod on the pc for mips?
Thanks again.

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com