How to mount root file system on Flash Device

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: How to mount root file system on Flash Device
From: Adeel Malik <AdeelM@avaznet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:03:57 +0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Presently I am using Buildroot Toolchain to compile the Linux Kernel and create the Root File System.The Buildroot generates an EXT2 file system Image by using a program called "genext2fs". The created file system is then merged with the Kernel image for downloading to SDRAM where it allocates a portion of memory for file-access and storage by setting-up a Ramdisk device.

We want to mount the file system on a non-volatile memory such as Flash Memory. What changes do we need to make in the BuildRoot Toolchain to generate the flash-mountable root file system.

Regards,
ADEEL MALIK,