Re: CFE bootloader

Subject: Re: CFE bootloader
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: 09 Oct 2003 16:01:07 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 15:41, Finney, Steve wrote:
> I have no idea how someone would make a choice
> between MIPS bootloaders (YAMON, U-Boot, CFE, Redboot(?),
> and whatever else), but just so all the options are out
> there, here's access and licensing information for the
> Broadcom CFE bootloader:

I would take a look at the community that's behind it. I like yamon and
it has worked great on the MIPS boards I've worked with. I haven't
played with uboot on MIPS, but what uboot has going for it is a
community that is improving it, adding features, new boards, etc. It's
also cross-arch so if you find yourself supporting multiple products on
different arches, you only have to deal with one bootloader.

Pete