MIPS bootloaders

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: MIPS bootloaders
From: "Finney, Steve" <Steve.Finney@SpirentCom.COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:34:49 -1000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

> In message <20031009110154.B17781@mvista.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Actually is YAMON code freely available?  Can someone from
> MIPS confirm
> > that and perhaps point to the downloading place?

Broadcom has a "CFE" bootloader for their chip, and the documentation implies
that it was designed to be for general purpose use (e.g., arch/mips/board/...
directory hierarchy); it's covered by what I'd call a BSD style license (but
IANAL). I don't know if it is publically available, and its current state of
support is largely tailored to the peripherals on their eval boards, but (from
my limited experience) it looks like  a reasonable and pretty-well written
bootloader. Typical size is 400K, but this could be decreased (or increased :-)
).

sf