Re: What toolchain for vr4181

To: Linux-Mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: What toolchain for vr4181
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:04:18 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 2003-10-09 10:30:57 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
wrote in message <Pine.GSO.4.21.0310091030110.7086-100000@waterleaf.sonytel.be>:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jørg Ulrich Hansen wrote:
> >
> > Where is a good starting point for a toolchain that will build and work?
> > I would prefere to build it my self because at a later state I might build
> > it under cygwin. But a prebuild does also have interest.
>
> At work we use plain binutils 2.13.2.1 and gcc 3.2.2, which we build ourselves
> (host is Solaris/SPARC).

Joined trees? Which configury? Unfortunately, toolchain questions are
quite FAQs, but there doesn't really exist _that_ good HOWTOs which
actually contain exactly helpful hints (eg. which versions and/or which
additional patches are needed).

If companies have some kind of scripts or the like they use, I'd really
love to see them published. That'd really help all those guys out
there:)

MfG, JBG