mailing list spam

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
From: Trevor Woerner <mips082-nospam@vtnet.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:09:07 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I appreciate microsoft *.exe updates by email just as much as the next
guy, however...

I create email aliases for the different mailing lists I join. I
 noticed that I've been receiving a fair amount of spam to the email
 address I setup for this list. I figured it was because I posted
 something in the past, so I unsubscribed my old email address, created
 a new one, and re-subscribed.

Without having made any postings since the change, I have just received
spam to the new address I've setup for this list, which means someone
has access to the membership list. Any chance this could be looked into
and turned off?

The humorous part being, of course, how stringently the the list
receiver is that the sender's email domain resolve properly. At least
we know it's dns-resolvable spam!