RE: Kernel Profile Patch for Au1x00?

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Kernel Profile Patch for Au1x00?
From: "Vince Bridgers" <vbridgers@bandspeed.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:45:21 -0500
Cc: "Eric DeVolder" <eric.devolder@amd.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Thanks, Eric.

I was looking for something more simple, like kernel-based statistical hit profiling – for example: a timer interrupt that fires at some regular rate, collects the current Program Counter value, bucket-izes that data and does a symbol lookup on those buckets when queried. I’ll take a look at LTT to see if I can get it to work for my purposes.

I sent an email to pcs.support previously, and Gerado told me there was no patch available. I’ll check with them again.

Cheers!