Backtrace capability

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Backtrace capability
From: "Sudeep Kottilingal" <skottilingal@kinetowireless.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:37:46 -0700
Cc: "Joe Baranowski" <jbaranowski@kinetowireless.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi all,

I am trying to debug some SIGSEGV when I leave my system ON for a few days. At the time of the

Crash I am not able to get a nice back-trace/stack trace yet. (I do not see the execinfo.h file on my uclibc toolchain

Which implies its not supported yet on my toolchain release).

Has anyone had success in incorporating backtrace capability into a uclibc binary yet …?

If your answer is yes, could u give me some pointers on how to do it and set it up ..?

If your answer is no is there any other alternative set up to get more information.

I do not run an ICD or ICE on my board. Neither do I have a serial console. My console is redirected via Telnet.

Currently I am running the application which crashes on the linux PC through totalview debugger.

Waiting for it to crash.

sudeep