RE: How to increase download speed for UART

To: Adeel Malik <>
Subject: RE: How to increase download speed for UART
From: Pete Popov <>
Date: 26 Sep 2003 09:09:28 -0700
On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 08:41, Adeel Malik wrote:
> Yes this is an Motorola's S-Record File. Do you think that I am missing
> something?. I am using YAMON to configure the UART's settings on the board
> and HyperTerminal on the Host the transfer this file.

Yes, I think there's something definitely wrong. I wonder if the
download is even in progress... You're using windows and hyperterm? Try
it on linux but just doing "cat <srec file name>  > /dev/ttyS0",
assuming you're using the first serial port to connect to the target.
Yamon gives you feedback of the download progress by printing dots, when
downloading over ethernet. I imagine it does the same when downloading
over serial port, so if you are not seeing any progress feedback, then
perhaps that's another indication that your download is not working.