RE: How to translate Little to Big endian ?

To: <>, <>
Subject: RE: How to translate Little to Big endian ?
From: "Lyle Bainbridge" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:12:12 -0500

I believe that the CSB250 port will support big or small endian. Check
out the latest mips-linux kernel code first (2.4.22 I beleive). Then you
need to use a big endian toolchain.  Mips not Mipsel (ie,
mips-linux-gcc). Then open the arch/mips/defconfig-csb250 file and
modify the CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN option.  It should be:

Then continue to build the kernel as you would for little endian. I
think that's all from the kernel standpoint. But, are you using Micromon
to boot the kernel?  By default I think the CSB250 and it's monitor are
built little endian, and you won't be able to use this if you want a BE
kernel.  You need the boot loader to put the Au1500 into BE mode.

Email if you need more details.