Re: Page fault question

To: "Gill" <gill.robles@exterity.co.uk>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Page fault question
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:05:31 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
The EMMA2 (uPD61130) uses the NEC Vr4130 core, wheras the EMMA2L (uPD61120)
uses a MIPS 4Kc core.  The 4Kc is a MIPS32-compliant core, but the Vr41xx family
predates the MIPS32 spec for the MMU interface, and has some significant incompatibilities,
mostly due to the fact that the Vr4100's assume a 1K page granularity, versus 4K for the 4Kc
and almost all other MIPS processors.  You can't use the same MMU code for both chips.
One kernel needs to be configured for a "MIPS32" CPU, the other for "R41xx".