Page fault question

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Page fault question
From: "Gill" <gill.robles@exterity.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:36:38 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hello –

I’m currently porting vmlinux from NEC’s EMMA2L platform to EMMA2.  The problem I’m having is that linux hangs when it attempts to do its first page fault: the page fault handler is successfully called, the call to handle_mm_fault returns 2 (major fault)…but then code execution appears to just stop.  Linux is not completely dead, however – it still responds to a timer interrupt.

As the code for handling page faults is standard code, and TLB hardware should be the same on EMMA2 as on EMMA2L (where it works!), I don’t understand what’s gone wrong!  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Gill