How to implement the combination of signal and alarm in the Kenel Module

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: How to implement the combination of signal and alarm in the Kenel Module?
From: "广星" <guangxing@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:27:46 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,everyone!
   As my experience, in the application level we can use  the combination of
signal() and alarm() to
implement some simple works ,such as doing some scheduled task at a certain
time, invoke some routine
after a certain time...Now one thing confused me.I thing in the kernel module
we can implement the same works.
And I have tried to use the  queue_task(&Task, &tq_timer),but when i try to
"insmod", the LINUX will broken.
Who can tell why?And hoew to implement the combination of signal and alarm in
the Kenel Module?
   Thank you in advance!

   祝
健康 愉快