Some Question about the kernel module on MIPS64

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Some Question about the kernel module on MIPS64
From: "广星" <guangxing@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:13:58 +0800
Cc: angela <jhyang@ict.ac.cn>, 谢博士 <xie@ict.ac.cn>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

   Hi, everyone!

   I am a newbie on doing some development on MIPS(of course it is the linux make me can touch it without any  hesitation).There are two questions  as follow hoping your enthusiastic answers.

   1) I want to know if the linux for mips64 support the customer's kernel module .if yes, is there any modutils i can use?And how can i get it.

   2) I have written a simplest simplest kernel module for linux for mips64 (only the init()and cleanup() we can see,and we do nothing.) and with the crossing compiling tool it is ok.One thing confused me is that it can be "insmod" in the linux for mips32, but when we try to "insmod" in the linux for mips64, we get the following error:

[root@(none) root]# insmod try.o
init_module: Invalid module header size.
A new version of the modutils is likely needed.
try.o: init_module: Invalid argument
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

Of course we do the above works in the same hardware platform .

Is there any thing I should pay attention to when I compile the Kernel Module or the linux for mips64? Eagering your help!!

Thank you you in advance!

       祝
  开心!
     Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
广星

guangxing@ict.ac.cn

2003-09-11

           \\\|///