NFS Server and Client Setup on MIPS Platform

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: NFS Server and Client Setup on MIPS Platform
From: Adeel Malik <AdeelM@avaznet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:19:24 +0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi All,

         I am using Buildroot-QuickMIPS environment for porting Linux-2.4 to MIPS Target Platform. I need to Netwrok-Mount the root filesystem and for this I need to configure the NFS Server on the Host and NFS Client on the Target.

Can someone tell me that what are the steps needed to compile the Buildroot MIPS kernel for NFS Mounting of MIPS root filesystem ?.

I mean what are the configuration settings that need to be made during the make menuconfig process of MIPS kernel source and then how to make the zImage with NFS support that could be downloaded on the target system memory.

Regards,
Adeel