how I mount the root fs from ramdisk??

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: how I mount the root fs from ramdisk??
From: "embedlf" <embedlf@citiz.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:35:5 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
linux-mips:
        I use mips cpu board to design my product. I want run linux embeded in
this board.
But in this process,there is not harddisk on the board.
        So I should mount the root fs on ramdisk. Do you think so? I should
make a ramdisk.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ram bs=1k count=2048
mke2fs -vm0 /dev/ram 2048
mount -t ext2 /dev/ram /mnt/ram
After I mount it, I should copy some files to this folder.I used cross_compiler,
compiling linux on X86 PC.How do I make the file /sbin/init??where is the
source??

dd if=/dev/ram bs=1k count=2048 | gzip -v9 > /tmp/ram_image.gz

        embedlf
        embedlf@citiz.net
          2003-08-29